The worlds largest conference on technology and politics is coming to Europe.
Across the Continent, political leaders and grass-roots activists are embracing new ways of running for office, influencing the political debate, and governing. Inspired by the success of Barack Obamas campaign for president of the United States, people everywhere are using the Internet to open up politics and make governance more transparent, participatory and effective.
For six years, Personal Democracy Forum has been THE place in America where politicos and technologists gather to learn from each other, network, and glimpse the future. Now that conversation is coming to Barcelona, November 20-21, at the spectacular Torre Agbar.
The two-day conference will offer morning plenary keynotes, afternoon breakout sessions and a high-level plenary discussion at the end of each day. The topics we’ll be focusing on include:
- Pan-European politics: Can the internet connect the dots?
- New possibilities for collaborative government
- Using the internet to open up politics outside the parties
- Transparency and participation: What is real e-government?
- What should European politicians and parties learn from the Obama victory?
- Using social media to transform the relationship between voters and their representatives
- State of the art politech: how to use mobile, video and social networking to advance your cause
- New media vs traditional media: how to navigate the new environmen
It will feature top speakers from Europe and USA including:
- Kate Albright-Hanna, Obama ’08 Video Director (USA)
- David All, President, David All Group (USA)
- José M. Alonso, Director eGovernment, CTIC/W3C (Spain)
- John Aravosis, Blogger, Americablog (USA)
- Markus Beckedahl, Blogger, Netzpolitik.org (Germany)
- Sindre Fossum Beyer, Director, Information Dept., Norwegian Labour party (Norway)
- Dominic Campbell, Founder, FutureGov (UK)
- Stephen Clark, Head of Web Communication, European Parliament (Belgium)
- Vincent Ducrey, New Media Advisor, Government of France (France)
- Joe Rospars, New Media Director, Obama ’08 & Founding Partner, Blue State Digital (USA)
- Benoit Thieulin, Net-campaign Director for primary and presidential race of Segolene Royal (France)
EAPC Members have a discount of 20% of regular price. Register online now!