The Eighth International Seminar on Electoral and Political Communication, which is entitled “New trends in electoral campaign“, will analyze the new language, channels and strategies used by candidates from different countries, with particular emphasis on how political communication will be after Barack Obama.
The seminar, organized by The George Washington University, MAS Consulting Spain the Universidad Pontificia Comillas and with the collaboration of the EAPC, celebrates its eighth year on November 19th in Madrid, and will bring together some of the most significant international experts in election campaigns.
The program has established itself as the largest professional forum of political communication in Spain, through which have passed more than 800 professionals in the field of communication, public administration and politics. The seminar is an opportunity to exchange experiences with other professionals and to learn about the latest trends in election campaigns, many of which are already being use in our country.
The speakers are:
- Frank Greer, founder and president of GMMB, the advertising agency for the campaign of Barack Obama. He has advised international leaders like Bill Clinton, Nelson Mandela and Vaclav Havel.
- Garrett M. Graff, considered one of the best international experts on technology and politics. It was the first blogger accredited by the White House.
- Rick Ridder, one of the best-known political consultants in the United States, has worked in three American presidential campaigns for Clinton-Gore and Obama-Biden. Also he has worked for candidates from 17 other countries.
- Mark Goffman, a writer on the television series “The West Wing of the White House, winner of several Golden Globes.
- Daniel Ureña, Partner and Managing Director of MAS Consulting Spain. Is the first Spanish consultant awarded with the Rising Star of the magazine Campaigns & Elections.
Some of the topics to be addressed are:
- How do you build the image of a political leader?
- What online tools really work for a candidate?
- What are the keys to a good story in politics?
- What can I learn from Obama to prepare my campaign?
- What new forms of political communication are being used in Spain?
- How can a political party make the most of social networks?
- How should be an electoral advertising to be effective?
The registration fee is 450 and places are limited. EAPC Members have a discount of 15% of the price. There are discounts for groups as well as alumni of MAS Consulting
More information: www.masconsulting.es or (+34) 91 702 47 65.